Windows 7 is a very secure and powerful operating system for your home computer, which allows you to create a password to secure your user account. But, what if you forget it, and you don’t have a Reset Disk, password cracking program or anything else which would help you retrieve it? Well, follow those simple steps below and you will have your password reset in no time!
1. Start (or restart) your computer. You can do this by clicking the reset button in the Windows 7 Login Prompt or pressing the On/Off button on your computer.
2. Make Windows 7 have a hard shutdown. Complete this step by pressing the On/Off button on your computer while the “Starting Windows” screen is active.
3. Start your computer again. Same, complete this task by pressing the On/Off button on your computer.
4. correctly, you will be given to options on how to start your computer: normally or using the Start up Repair. You should select the Start up Repair option.
5. Cancel the “Do you want to use System Restore?” prompt. After you’ve launched Start up Repair, a prompt will pop up on your screen. You will want to select “Cancel”.
6. Wait until Windows has finished repairing your computer. After completing Step 5, you will have to wait. The repairing process will not harm any of your personal files.
7. Click the arrow in the bottom-left corner of the window. After waiting, a window saying “Start up Repair could not repair your computer.” You will see an arrow pointing downwards in the bottom left corner (Problem Details).
8. Scroll down and click the last link. After Step 7, a window will pop up displaying the Problem Details. Scroll down until you see links. Ignore the first one, click the second one.
9. File > Open > Computer > Local Disk > Windows > System32. After completing Step 8, Notepad will open up. You will want to follow this route (File > Open > Computer > Local Disk > Windows > System32. )
10. Switch from Text Documents (*.txt) to All Files. You can do this by simply clicking the drop-down menu, displayed as Text Documents (*.txt) and select All Files.
11. Find the application named sethc and rename it to sethc-bak. Sethc is the application for the Sticky Keys program. You have to rename it to sethc-bak as a backup file. This won’t do any harm to your computer or personal files.
12. Find the application named cmd and copy & paste it into the folder System32 (the one you’re in right now). Cmd is the application known as Command Prompt. After this, you will have a file named cmd – Copy in the System32 folder.
13. Rename cmd – Copy to sethc. To be able to access cmd without permission from Windows, you will need to trick Windows thinking it is Sticky Keys.
14. Close all opened windows and select “Finish”. You’re done! Now you just need to close out of all the opened windows and restart your computer.
15. Hit Shift 5 times. After successfully restarting your computer, hit Shift on your keyboard 5 times. Command Prompt with administrator privileges opens up!
16. net user [username] *. eg: net user (the username u want to hack without bracket) * Enter this code into the command prompt to change the [username]’s password. You will not be able to see the new entered password, so enter it wisely.